Admiral Scenario Editor is Shareware
If you like Admiral we appreciate donations via PayPal to support our hard work. We used to charge $10 (US)
but shifted to the honor system. Links to our PayPal button are at http://www.amusing.com/admiral
You can also send a check or money order to:
PO Box 10021
Bainbridge Island WA 98110
We Hope You Enjoy Admiral Scenario Editor! Have fun!
Thanks for Buying Admiral Scenario Editor
Admiral is a Scenario Editor for StarFleet Command II: Empires at War (SFC).
With Admiral you can create the battles you have always wanted to fight. You can:
Friends can play your scenarios with either the Commodore or the Admiral Scenario Editor. Scenarios using races other than Federation and Klingons can be edited only with the Admiral Scenario Editor.
Let the fun begin!
How to Install
1. Un-ZIP the Admiral file (admiral.zip) to whatever folder you want. You will have these files:
Note: If you do not have a software utility to unzip the file, you can download it free from several sites including WinZip.com and the CNET Download Center.
How to Start Admiral
Double click Admiral.exe
How to Play a Scenario
1. In Admiral, select File -> Open, or click the Open button on the toolbar.
2. Select the scenario you want to play (for example, For_Honor.SFC, a sample scenario that comes with Admiral).
3. Click [Open]
4. Click Play SFC! in the menu, or click the > (play) button on the toolbar. Starfleet Command will load.
5. In Starfleet Command, select Single Player
6. then select Skirmish.
7. Change your race to the race of your team in the scenario. You should see your scenario in the list. Select it and click Play. For example, change your race to Klingon if you are playing For_Honor.SFC.
How to Edit an Existing Scenario
Hint: To get a feel for creating your own scenario, try editing an existing scenario.
1. In Admiral's menu, select File -> Open , or click the Open button on the toolbar.
2. Select the scenario you want to edit (for example, For_Honor.SFC, a sample scenario that comes with Admiral) and click [Open].
3. Select Edit -> Edit Scenario, or Edit -> Team Relations.
4. Make your changes and close the edit windows until you get back to the main screen.
5. To save your changes, select File -> Save As. Give the file a new name. Click [Save].
6. To play your scenario, click Play SFC!
How to Create a Scenario
1. In Admiral, select File -> New.
2. Select Edit -> Edit Scenario, or Edit -> Team Relations.
3. Make your changes and close the edit windows until you get back to the main screen.
4. To save your changes, select File -> Save As. Give the file a new name. Click [Save].
5. To play your scenario, click Play SFC!
If you set two teams to be allied with each other, don't forget to change the team goal from Destroy. If you forget, your allies will not shoot at you. It will just look silly on the main screen.
If an enemy is set to ignore you, they will shoot at you. They will not chase you.
When you play a scenario, on the Select Skirmish screen, your teams and their positions will not show up in the grid. This does not mean they are being ignored when you click Play Game, your teams will show up in the locations you set.
If the enemy captures all of your ships, you may hear a voice say I surrender, but the mission does not end as it should. If you then click Fleet Control icon, Starfleet Command may hang.
Admiral may not be redistributed in any way. That is, it may not be distributed commercially, it may not be sold, it may not be included in any form in a saleable package, it may not be converted or renamed, and it may not be made available for download without the express written permission of Astonish Inc.
amusing.com and Astonish Inc. shall, in no event, be liable for any damages arising out of the use of this game. Admiral comes "as is" with NO warranty whatsoever.
Admiral is shareware as of May 1, 2005. Admiral is not in the public domain and remains the exclusive property of Astonish Inc.
Star Trek: StarFleet Command® Volume II: Empires at War software © 2000 Interplay Entertainment Corp. All rights reserved. Star Trek® and related elements are trademarks of Paramount Pictures. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.
If you have any question regarding this document or the usage of Admiral, contact us at email@example.com.
Updates and More Information
We will provide updates on the amusing.com website including updated README files. If you are reading this file online, you have the most current version available.
For updates and info for the Admiral and Commodore Scenario Editors, visit www.amusing.com/admiral.
We Hope You Enjoy Admiral Scenario Editor!
--> go to Admiral home page